Wednesday WIP: Rainy days

I really need some vacations in order to finish my projects. I can’t seem to concentrate at all…always thinking of my dayjob. Anyway, as you imagine there is nothing finished this week.
Currently in progress:
My Pure quilt is fortunately progressing. And I really have some dilemmas. How much white border should I add? I was thinking like 10 inches on every side and use the following fabric as backing. What do you think? The binding will probably be fouxia.

Dresden plates quilt: is progressing slowly but I am really pleased with the outcome.
No progress:

• Hexagon crib quilt (I’ll tell you all about it in another post)
  • Log cabin quilt: I have only done the cutting part, and I am really not in any mood to start it.

This week’s stats:
Completed projects – 0
New projects -0
Currently in progress – 4

Now your turn! Visit Freshly Pieced to see how is everybody wip-ping today!!!

PS. I just had! to show you this photo. He looks like a puppy, curled up in this blanket:

Welcome to Zarkadia Quilting Co.!

Quilts are the most intimate and personal of objects. They connect us with each other to the primal ground of the bed-the place we spend half our lives; where we are born, sleep, have sex, and die; the place where we replenish ourselves and dream our dreams; the place of nurture and healing, where we retreat in sickness and frailty; and the place where we receive the comfort and care of those who love us.

Support The Quilt Codex
Archive
Popular posts
Double Irish Chain
Farmer's Wife QAL: Week 11
Big Dipper
Bear Paw
12 Comments
Zafeira
July 13, 2012 8:23 am

Perfect! If it turned out ok, than no problem with the cutting. You can always correct things later, but it is much much more difficult. Cutting straight saves you a lot of time!!!

HiMeWill
July 13, 2012 8:04 am

Thanks for replying. I ended up sewing a 2″ strip between each row of patches and then off setting them in a brick pattern. It has actually turned out well so far.

Zafeira
July 12, 2012 5:36 am

Thank you for your lovely words. I cut by hand, just like you, with a rotary cutter. Believe me, the first time I tried this everything came out crooked. But with some practice you will be very precise. Don’t worry.

HiMeWill
July 12, 2012 12:17 am

Do you use a cutting machine like AccuQuilt? Or do you do your cutting by hand? I’m sewing my first ever quilt, just 6″ squares that I cut by hand and a lot of them aren’t matching up. I think I may have cut some of the squares crooked or something. I cut them using a rotary cutter and quilting ruler.
Your work is gorgeous! It really inspires me to continue.

Becky
March 1, 2012 12:31 am

Super-cute puppy, and I love the Dresden plates!

jessica
February 29, 2012 6:24 pm

I love that disappearing nine patch, great work! Thanks for sharing!

Zafeira
February 29, 2012 4:29 pm

Great tip on the borders Theodora, I will try it…

tsoniki
February 29, 2012 4:04 pm

Cute pic of the puppy! I love the dresden plates too – I just pulled some fabric from my stash with the intention of making a dresden something, maybe a lap quilt.

Marg
February 29, 2012 10:02 am

Love the Pure Elements quilt, it’s stunning. I have no idea what to suggest for the borders. I love it the way it is!

Theodora Badra
February 29, 2012 9:44 am

Ok now I figured out how to get the window open to leave a comment I just hope to remember next time ,ok now your your border I really don’t know for mine either it is one thing I just put a piece of white fabric and place the quilt top on top of it and adjust it at various widths and whatever is most pleasing to the eye I go with it and how much larger you like it to be., your dog does look like a puppy that is an adorable photo and I like that it’s B&W ,I wish you a nice day even thought we are having a cold spell. theodora

Claire Jain
February 29, 2012 9:18 am

Oooh, I’ve got some of that flowers fabric. I just ironed it over the weekend! I love your Dresden plates. Those are so cool!

Kirsten
February 29, 2012 7:28 am

I really love your Pure elements quilt – such vibrant colours!!

Love to read your comments!