I am a person that gets addicted pretty easily…So along with my new ‘hobby’- quilting came two basic and fundamental addictions: Fabric and books. I spend most of my time, instead of quilting or sewing, in browsing and searching fabrics and books.
Today I will talk to you about books.
I buy them mostly at amazon.co.uk for a few basic reasons (I really do not intend to advertise this website…if you have found a better online bookstore please inform me):
- You can find an enormously big collection of quilting-sewing and crafting books, thus VARIETY
- Because there is no nearby bookstore selling these type of books, amazon sometimes provides the ability to “browse” inside those books, thus CONTENT
- Free shipping, super-important, thus FREE EUROPE SHIPPING
- You can buy other stuff along with books, thus DIVERSITY
- You can read reviews from people who bought and tested the actual book. I find it really helpful, thus RECOMMENDATIONS
|+Part of my small collection
There millions of posts all over the blogosphere (and elsewhere) providing reviews for quilting or sewing books. But what the f…k, I thought I should write one myself, as a “new fish” in the quilting tank, a total beginner. I certainly wish that when I started this hobby, I could find people telling me what books to buy (and they weren’t the authors), because I have bought some that I will never use in my life.
Anyway, a very sweet girl named Amy, was inspired in making a beautiful quilt from a great book, that I really could not resist in buying…And that was it! I am in love with this book.
Warman’s Vintage Quilts, is actually a price guide on vintage quilts that contains A LOT of traditional quilts that are just irresistible.
It is a very good pool for inspiring quilters and great for pattern making. The photos are really good and also the info beside every quilt is really interesting.
My next project is definetely this amazing star quilt, I just have to figure out how to make it!
If you love watching photos of quilts or just want some of your lost inspiration back, I totally recommend this book.
Have a nice day!